I am a native English speaker who has studied several foreign languages, and has earned meaningful reputation on SE (>1000) for some of them.
Unfortunately, Italian is not one of my better languages, as reflected in my much lower reputation. (One somewhat "highly" voted answer just happened to hit the sweet spot of what little I know.) I am probably an "A1," (not even an A2), on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages scale.
New York, New York
Member for 5 years, 7 months
9 profile views
Last seen Feb 24 at 2:14
- History 79.3k 79.3k 1212 gold badges194194 silver badges421421 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 12.9k 12.9k 55 gold badges4141 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 9.9k 9.9k 44 gold badges2626 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Chess 9.4k 9.4k 2222 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- German Language 9.2k 9.2k 33 gold badges2727 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 92 Were there women who were against giving women the right to vote?
- 80 Is it true that there are more slaves in the world now than ever at one point in history?
- 71 Why China was able to unify and not Europe?
- 60 Why did the Germans spare Allied troops trapped at Dunkirk?
- 52 Is it ethical for a PI to tell university to pay out intern's salary for an extra month after internship ends, and keep the money?
- 51 Why did Italy abandon its alliance with Germany in WW1 and join the Allied side?
- 48 Why did the French sell Louisiana?
- View more network posts →